Monday 21 September 2009

Brands Indy April Round 2

Didn't actually get a report together, but have a look at some on board footage. Cheapo Aldi £60 camera, sponge and cable ties but gives you a seat of the pants feel for what I was seeing!


Sun Race 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFw9E6V_hRw&fmt=18

Sun Race 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCq8Ulsv5Io&fmt=18

For what it is I'm well impressed with the results of the videoing, and it really does bring it home to both seasoned observers and the uninitiated that even us minute or so lappers are all trying pretty hard against ourselves and each other.

Also, it's been a great way of reliving the weekend's action - that 2nd race there were 7 of us within 2 seconds over the line on lap 6 when they called the result and no-one was about to give up for what would have been another 4 laps. That's why I came racing and that's what made it all so much fun.

My current target Ken loves all the elbows out, fairing bashing, blocking and baulking moves (when the people behind keep coming through and diving in where a gap's left). It's teaching me a lot I need to know about how to race rather than just ride, which is what I've been doing on track for the past few years. The vid's also a useful analytical tool for working out what I should have been trying! The 10 people in "my group" are all doing more or less the same times so with a few bits of working out how to make overtakes work cleanly and some later braking getting to a points scoring position'll come relatively easily. The people in front of that lot won't be so easy...

Race 1 Saturday
, Race 2 Saturday , Race 1 Sunday , Race 2 Sunday

Pics I've had to hyperlink as I've had probs with image display links unfortunately; you might see a pic too:-

#38 wearing a bike





Close dice in my group

No comments:

Post a Comment